- Consolidated the electronic security business.
- spun off of digital camera business.
- Established SSMT in Shanghai, China and TSTO in Tianjin, China.
- Signed a strategic partnership agreement with Dresser-Rand in the USA for gas compressors and power generators.
- Held a signing ceremony for the smart project robot business agreement.
- Won two gold medals in the World Skills Competition in 2 divisions (Mold making, CNC lathe)
- Green Management Announcement Ceremony.
- Established Bio-Technology Research Center in Maryland and Houston Turbo Design & Development Research Center in the USA.
- Hosted ground-breaking ceremony for the Pangyo R&D Center.
- Established industry-academy collaboration research centers with leading universities
- in Korea(Seoul National, Yonsei, Sungkyunkwan, and Hanyang Universities).
- Developed the World's First super thin 8 Mega pixels Optical 3X zoom camera
- module 'ABACUS'.
- Completed the new TSOE factory in Tianjin, China.
- Celebrated our 30th anniversary.
- VLUU i7 and Smart Touch won the UI TIPA Awards 2007.
- Completed an agreement with the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy (MOCIE) for the development of social security robots.
- The development of a gas turbine-operated combined heat power generation system, the first of its kind in Korea, at the Samsung Medical Center, Seoul.
- VLUU i70 won the EISA Awards.
- Introduced new premium digital cameras (including the NV20/NV15/NV8/i85) onto the market.
- Established a system for monitoring the production and quality of semiconductor parts.
- DSC Department relocated to Suwon.
- Introduced the Exchangeable Lens D-SLR Camera GX-1S onto the market.
- Introduced the slim-type #11PMP with PMP features, the first of its kind in the world, and standard digital cameras onto the market.
- Changwon 1st Plant won the “Eco” mark.
- Semiconductor System Department relocated from Changwon 1st Plant to Changwon 2nd Plant.
- Semiconductor System Department opened the Chip Mounter Technology Center in Shanghai.
- Digital camera NV Series introduced onto the market.
- Developed modules for 3x optical zoom, 5-million-pixel and 3-million-pixel miniature camera phones.
- The DSLR Camera GX-10 was introduced onto the market.
- Hosted the ceremony for the introduction of the K10, the world’s first robot-type armored ammunition carrier.
- Held the TOP Room opening ceremony at the Namun Office.
- Introduced the SM 320, a high-speed, high-precision chip mounter, onto the market.
- Introduced a slim-type digital camera #1 onto the market.
- Introduced the KENOX Pro-815, an 8-million-pixel digital camera, onto the market.
- Completed the BOC production line at Changwon 1st Plant.
- Developed the K10, a robot-type armored ammunition carrier.
- Signed a contract for the joint development of the Exchangeable Lens D-SLR camera with Pentax of Japan.
- Commenced work on the new factory in Tianjin, China.
- Won the Chang Yeong-sil Award for a turbo compressor.
- Sold our 5,000th chip mounter.
- Introduced a 7-million-pixel digital camera, the KENOX Alpha-7, onto the market.
- Changwon 2nd Plant produced the first engine for the next-generation F-15K fighter plane.
- Introduced the Kenox V4, a 4-million-pixel digital camera, onto the market.
- Developed the new CP-55 chip mounter.
- Completed the work on a production line for camera modules for cellular phones at Changwon 1st Plant.
- Produced a trial model of the XK-10, an ammunition carrier.
- Introduced the Kenox U-CA3 camera onto the market.
- Developed the SWB-800, a new gold wire bonder.
- Won an export order for 51 million dollars’ worth of cameras.
- Commenced the second KFP-Ⅱ project at Changwon 2nd Plant.
- Commenced the production of camera modules for cellular phones.
- Established the Semiconductor Development Center.
- Signed a contract for the supply of engines for the FX Project.
- Semiconductor System Department shipped out the first bio medical equipment.
- The development of an ammunition carrier for the K9 self-propelled gun (XK10 Project) in conjunction with the Ministry of National Defense.
- Semiconductor Material Department signed a contract to export micro PPF technology.
- Semiconductor Material Department signed a contract with Sumitomo of Japan to export the technology for galvanizing ultra-thin film palladium micro PPF (with patent rights).
- Turkish Land Forces Command (TLFC) signed in contract with the Defense Program Division of Samsung TechWin for three hundred of the 155mm K9 self-propelled howitzers
- Entered the precision medical equipment market, making an agreement with Corentec for the joint development of artificial joints.
- Shipped the engine for the Korean-type naval destroyer KDX-Ⅱ.
- Sold our twenty millionth camera.
- Relocated the Wire Bonder Division from Sungnam 1st Plant to Changwon 1st Plant.
- Changed the company’s name to Samsung Techwin Co. Ltd.
- Semiconductor System Department produced the ten millionth CP-40 chip mounter.
- Won a $100 million order for engine parts from P&W of the U.S.
- Developed the Digimax 35MP3, an MP3 reproducible digital/PC camera.
- Launched the 6-Sigma management system.
- Completed the first project for amphibious assault vehicles at Changwon 3rd Plant.
- Introduced the first engine for the KT-1 onto the market (Changwon 2nd Plant).